Welcome to day two!
Start here: Please listen before you start this lesson
How to use this lesson:
- Listen to the audio above
- Copy the Style Guide to your Google Docs folder
- Watch BOTH videos before you choose your colour pallet
- Then pick your colours and put them in your Style Guide
- Quick lesson for creating an image of your Wix Logo and adding this to your style guide ;-)
What's in this lesson?
- How to use the cool WIX colour palettes so we can easily choose a fabulous colour scheme and get on with our work
- How to edit and use our nifty Style Guide so we never forget our colours and fonts for that pro look
- Colour inspiration over at Design Seeds https://www.design-seeds.com/
- How to choose our own colours and add them to the WIX colour palette
Video 1: How to create and change your colour pallet in Wix
Video 2: Intro to Your Style Guide And Using Custom Colours
Video 3: How to make a simple logo with Wix!
Video 4: How to save your logo as an image to paste into your style guide
- Go to the page in Wix where you created your logo.
- Select “Command” + “Shift” + “4” on your keyboard and the mouse will change to cross hairs. Drag your mouse around the image and release the keys. This will take a screen shot just of the area you dragged your mouse around.
- Open the style guide.
- Find the image saved to your Desktop in Finder -and drag it into your Style Guide :)
Go to the page in Wix where you created your logo.
Find the Windows Snipping Tool. To start the standard Snipping Tool in Windows 10:
- Click on “Search” / “Magnifier Glass”,
- Enter “Snip”
- Click on the Snipping Tool icon.
Choose the area to capture -draw around your logo with your mouse (similar to my video for a Mac)
Save the screenshot to your computer
OR Try the Print Screen Option:
- On your keyboard, press the PrtScn (Print Screen) key or CTRL+PrtScn keys. Windows creates a screenshot of the whole screen and saves it to the clipboard. It is not stored as a file on your hard drive. Then, open an image editing program like Paint and paste the picture from the clipboard. Then, you can save it as a file and even do some basic editing.
- Then, open an image editing program like Paint and paste (Control +V or Edit->Paste) the picture from the clipboard. Then, you can save it as a file and even do some basic editing.
- With the Select tool, drag a rectangle around your logo
- Click on the Crop tool to crop the selection
- To save your image, click Save As and select your file format. In this case .jpg is a good option
- Then go back to your Style Guide and go to Insert -Image and find the saved image to insert into your style guide.