BUSINESS & TECH STRATEGIES THAT HELP YOU SUCCEED ONLINE & MAKE THAT FEEL EASY
Lotsa love here for non-techies & self-proclaimed introverts ❤︎
“It's nice to work with someone who gets you and to have confidence that you're being understood."
-Francine Marie-Sheppard, Artist, Intuition Mentor
My website attracts clients while I sleep, I have no income worries, and simple systems make work for me *and my clients* a breeze. Sounds pretty sweet right?
From websites to marketing and everything in between, if you are a new entrepreneur online today, you are faced with a barrage of advice, tools and tech you aren't familiar with. There are things to do you have no experience with and it all seems urgent.
Feeling the pressure to learn everything from how to build a website, to social media and marketing online? Is it difficult to know what to focus on first? Feeling kinda overwhelmed?
I know you do. I mean -I also know you're excited to do the thing you're passionate about doing but as soon as you get online you see what "everyone else" is doing and you can't NOT start comparing yourself to others.
And I also know -everyone has advice for you.
And what's worse; but completely understandable because I know you're smart, passionate and hardworking, you'll try to learn everything you can about the stuff that isn't really your thing. You might take online courses, attend webinars, download freebies and try to DIY as much as you can until....
You notice a tiny woodpecker -clinging to the side of your head. Peck. Peck. Pecking away. Like a small cute, almost enjoyable but really not -weird and wonderful..
If you recruited a friend to help you out with your website you may or may not still be on speaking terms. You are now aware of so many things you could become an expert at to grow your business that you have no idea anymore, what you should be focusing on.
Even smart, hard-working people can end up doing the wrong things for their success, or the right things at the wrong time and end up broke or stressed or both
Because the thing that's always missing.
And I mean ALWAYS...
Is a solid foundation upon which your business can grow and thrive.
No fancy marketing funnels, no complicated techy yoga.
Just a common-sense blueprint that makes everything else you do for your business count. So you aren't sitting in the same place month after month -still confused, still not finding clients after spending a lot of time and money on the things you thought were important but didn't get you where you want or need to go.
Even the most creative people with the coolest businesses ideas in their heads find themselves saying "yeah, that's me", to at least one of the following:
- I want to create work for myself on my own terms! I have an idea but don't know how to turn my idea into a business.
- I spend A LOT of time looking for the perfect domain name & playing around with a business website but it's not coming together easily for me. I don't like what I've created and now I'm stressed out and feel I'm still at ground zero.
- I love to learn and take online courses and try to learn as much as I can about online business, but I am getting overwhelmed. I know I can't do everything but I'm not sure what I should be focused on to get where I want to go.
- I can't tell you how many times I think -OMG there are soo many people online doing what I want to do! How will anyone find me or want to work with me?
- I just want to get past the techy stuff and move on to the work I know I'm great at
If this is you, I know how painful this can be.
And I personally don't think any of these thoughts or situations are unusual. I think they are completely understandable, but they will cost you a lot of time and money and sometimes jeopardize your business success.
This stuff when it's not addressed can make you pretty stressed and cause a lot of unnecessary self-doubts.
Overthinking, FOMO, trying to DIY everything and overcomplicating things are a right of passage just don't stay here too long
In my opinion, nothing can spin you round more than the state of online business and technology today. It's BOTH a bounty of opportunities and a vast black hole of the same.
And hey I'm not immune but...
I know my way around online business and technology. I've had a lifetime of simplicity striving and finding solutions with tech that helps people & businesses thrive and reach goals -as simply as possible because since the '90s technology has been an integral part of my life.
And I know
You can't have all the benefits of an online business without the techy bits and some simple strategies
The rubber really hits the road where your business meets the techy stuff.
Your website, messaging, branding, email, social media, systems -whatever.
And believe me when I tell you that I've used technology to make things easy and reach goals for a very long time. As an entrepreneur 4 times over, and for large corporations for over 2-decades.
And I've had to become very good at finding ways to uncomplicate things, zero in on what needs to happen vs what could happen and be productive as simply and efficiently as possible. So it's no wonder I ended up in a long career in the corporate world as a technical project manager specializing in systems and technology for business online.
I have Dyslexia, Dysgraphia & Dyscalculia and hahaha -there is no way I could spell these words without looking them up.
These "3-D's" made my life very difficult before personal computers and simplification strategies. And I didn't have either until my life came to an abrupt halt my first year of University. I'd been barely making it through school till that moment.
I loved learning and I was determined to go to University. I got in but had to enter University on probation and I was on the verge of being kicked out due to poor grades.
I was devastated and frustrated and confused.
No one understood much about learning disabilities in the schools I attended and this was very unfortunate for me growing up.
I was struggling in reading and writing intensive Arts program at University and that wasn't new for me. But I reached my limit. I knew something had to be done or I'd not graduate, even if I studied 24/7.
I was fortunate my university had a disabled student department that included learning disabilities. And seeing a notice for this department one day changed my life, 10 hours of testing later my mind was blown open and I embarked upon a journey of learning how to live with my brain in a way that helped me succeed in life.
The biggest asset for me was a personal computer and no one had a personal computer at that time. It was rare, but I got a government grant from the university and soon arrived a shiny new (and huge) computer of my very own, which I learned inside out and spent hours in front of.
Because I needed this tool. This computer helped me reach my goals.
I'm pretty sure this is why I gravitated to a career in project management for technology.
I am an entrepreneur for other reasons.
I am a natural developer of your vision. Misfits and mavericks -I believe in you & I know you can do whatever you want to do. There is always a way.
And -I can tell you if you feel non-techie and think the techy-bits might stop you from reaching your dreams, I'm here to show you how to embrace this and make it all work for you.
I know there is always a way.
Online business is overwhelming, and if your a creative, helping kind of person or even more likely -a self-proclaimed introvert, non-techie or loveable weirdo, the early years as an entrepreneur online can feel particularly draining. It is easy to lose faith, feel lost and become overwhelmed.
I'm also here to tell you that I know the struggle.
I understand your passion and drive and even the self-doubt and certainly the stories that can crop up that make you question if you're the kind of person who can make it all come together.
The answer is YES.
I know you can do it and I can certainly make the journey easier for you.
This is the easy way forward
You need both business and technical foundations for your successful business online and help from someone who gets you because you're a non-slimy, big-hearted entrepreneur who's in this for your own happiness and success and a genuine desire to do work you love while supporting others. From helping professionals to creative spirits sharing their gifts with the world -we know the world needs our work.
We know -we need our work.
Solid foundations for this kind of success in business online today are based on your needs and goals and include the following:
- Your Business Idea & Messaging: A well-defined business niche, clients & offerings
- Your Website: A website that attracts clients and is easy to use
- Your Systems: Simple systems that help you and your clients reach goals with ease
This stuff doesn't have to be high tech or complicated and once you've got this nailed all the things you spend time and money on afterwards will have a better chance of helping you reach your goals.
From idea to launch & the systems to make everything easy, I have you covered. Let's talk about your business dreams and goals.
A bit about me
- I love helping others do more of what works for them in this life, and remove what doesn't
- For anyone interested, I'm an INFJ, a Sage, a Developer, a Healer and a Creative (personality tests are great tools to help us reflect upon our skills and challenges, tendencies and strengths - they are a fun exercise in self-reflection)
- I have 20+ years of experience with online business starting with an online business in the '90s selling over 30+ specialty health and wellness products globally -I then went to college to study Web Design & Internet Management
- 19 years in the corporate world as a Web Designer & Senior Technical Project Manager (Managing How Big Ideas Come To Life Online). I've worked with teams locally and globally for top marketing agencies, innovative startups and national broadcasters
- Certified Life Coach from The Institute of Life Coach Training - One of the best things I've studied! I use coaching skills every day with clients to ensure clients are always heard and have the opportunity to explore possibilities and understand what is important to them for success
- Animal lover (two kitties currently rule my home and I adore them), people lover, tree hugger, planet advocate and longtime vegetarian
- Creative & art junkie. All of it from visual art to music and writing -I <3 the creative spirit.
- Holistic health advocate: mind-body-spirit for the win xo
-I'd love to help you create the foundations you can grow a happy, healthy business on -for success that meets your needs and goals.